-

29 January 2010

Naptime Pantry Cleanout.2

Alright.. I got it all cleaned out and re organized! Like I said before I did do some prep before..had all my bags ready to go and the canisters were done.. cause they are a fun project, I couldn't wait so I did them last night!

I thought some canisters would be helpful, but I am not one to commit to a certain style or design so I got clear and figured I could change em up as much as I wanted! Target had the canisters and I like that they are square instead of round so they can snuggle right up to each other and not waste any space! They didn't have enough at our Target, but I am planning on going to the other side of town to get a few more big ones! I need one for cereal and oats! I also could not find a gingham plastic tablecloth at all yesterday! Went to a few different places and nothing! I was hoping to cover the shelves with them, like shelf liner but not stuck to the shelves. I am guessing as Spring and Summer approach they will be around more, I will take some more pics if I find some!

I know seeing someones before and after pics of a pantry aren't that interesting, but I wanted to share the canister labels I made, well I decoupaged them on after printing them off. Super easy! Can't wait to make some for the Laundry room too!


I had the punch in the scalloped edge circle so I just made the words on Microsoft works to fit the size and printed them on some scrap booking paper I had around.. Used the punch to punch them out, mod podge on top to seal the ink and then mod podge to the canister!

They were cute but I wanted them a little bit more fluffy! I just cut some coordinating ribbon to the paper in a few strips and tied them on with mini ric rac!

I did use 2 different papers for the labels SO I have a few extras, if anyone would use them I can mail em to whoever wants them! Just comment and I will get your address!
Maybe every Friday I should do a project like this! I'm sure it will make the day go by fast! I was surprised at how quiet it was during this task! I could still hear a few snores every once in a while, one of my favorite sounds!

17 comments:

  1. Me!Me!Me! I would love the extra labels...I was just thinking about how I was going to manage making some but now that you are offering...I would love them.
    I've been slowly trying to collect containers to store my cereals, oatmeal etc in. For me living in the country now its almost a necessity to have it stored like that. (a neighbor had probs with critters eeww).
    Anyways, your pantry looks great! Good job mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn you should make some once you know what you want, come on over and use the punch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love those canisters, they're so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a Friday craft thingy is a great idea!

    I'm always looking for new projects, esp ones that don't take a really long time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them! I will bring paper next time I'm at your place for sure! :-)

    JEALOUS that your mixer is orange! Mine is grey :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forget the labels...I want the pantry! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I need you to come to my house! Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the great comments ladies! Peggy the pantry was one of the big selling points for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, what Peggy said!! I want your pantry!!! But still, the canisters are definitely cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOw! That is dedication. It looks adorable.

    Now following from MBC. Come on over and see me too sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job on the pantry! Love the canisters, now I want to go to Target lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You weren't kidding! Who knew that I had a pantry twin out there :)? Our pantries do look alike. We even have the same white basket with gray handle ;).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job! I'm hosting We're Organized Wednesday through Saturday and would love for you to join the party. There's a great giveaway too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those labels are darling! They are just so sweet! Makes you want to organize more! Well, it makes ME want to organize more! It's fun!

    Becky B.
    www.organizingmadefun.blogspot.com
    Organizing Made Fun

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the labels! Man, I need to get WAY more crafty!

    ReplyDelete