-

09 July 2010

Kids Bathroom Project

Before


The kids bathroom has had the least amount of attention since we moved in almost 3 years ago. No new shower curtains or anything, I planned to used the same set (Which I think is way too girly now.. but not sure what I would do instead) But didn't know what else to do in there.  The wall with nothing on it was 8 feet.. HUGE wall with nothing but 1 out of place weird (ugly) towel bar!  After thinking for a while and adding another baby to share the bathroom I thought a peg board topped beadboard style wainscotting would look good and work well!  I am planning on painting 3 canvas's solid colors ( the blue, gree and pink, 1 for each kiddo) to go above the pegs, and adding some uppercase living bathroom vinyl stickers on them. There is a toothbrush, hairbrush and soap that are not too detailed, very simple and will stand out a little I hope!  The project was fairly inexpensive and did not take too long, just lots of paint!



After




4 comments:

  1. I love the wainscoting with peg board top. I would love to do that in our kids bath but we have stained trim and I am afraid it would not go well with it. :( Yours looks great! (little jealous, lol)

    I gave your blog an award! Come by and check it out! http://usandthem1971.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-first-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an absolutely wonderful job! I just love the shower curtain, by the way. And the pegs on the wall are a great way to make more useable space.

    I wanted to thank you for your very recent comment. I appreciate your support and encouragement. I don't get why some people are so clueless and get offended, but I believe they believe the enemy's lies.

    Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love wainscoating anywhere in the house, but this bathroom makeover is too cute with the colorful towels hanging from those sweet pegs. Hugs - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love beadboard in the bathroom!! Great job! The peg board is just perfect for kids!!

    I am having a giveaway if you would like to enter!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete