-

20 February 2011

Cute Little St. Patrick's Day Craft



I got the idea from a girlfriend, but she used buttons and some scrap booking paper. I used burlap and some scrap booking embellishments, I needed the burlap because the flowers were pretty darn girly and I try to keep it as non overboard fluffy as I can around here! 
Cute right?!  All I did was use a cookie cutter in the shape of a clover and set it on the burlap (I also put a piece of cardboard under in case the hot glue went through) Then I just stuck a little hot glue on the bottom of each little rose and pushed it down, smooshing it into the cutter as much as I could to try and get the shape! Once I was done I just took the cookie cutter off and this is what was left, then I just the burlap out with the clover centered big enough to cover the frame backing. I didn't use the glass since the little roses stick out pretty far!

It didn't take too long and wasn't too much since everything was on sale!

8 comments:

  1. Great use of simple supplies, I love all the little green roses. Thanks bunches for linking up to my blog bash K.I.S.S., much appreciated! :)

    http://thetatteredtag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute! those little roses are adorable!

    thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so darling! I love the 3D texture of the flowers. I found you through a linky party. My readers would love this. I would love if you came and linked up to TOO Cute Tuesday!

    http://funkypolkadotgiraffe.blogspot.com/2011/02/too-cute-tuesday-linky-par-tay-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's absolutely beautiful! I'm so glad I saw your project featured over at The Scrap Shoppe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I love the burlap. I keep planning to do a burlap project. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete