-

06 April 2011

TV Stand Makeover

We got this cute TV stand from a friend, and as soon as I saw it I knew I could use it to manage the dress up stuff all over the floor!


They gave it to us for free and we spent about $1 on PVC and less than $2 on the closet bracket things.. so for $3 and a few new chips in the stairway paint we turned it into this:




I still have a little work to do, some L brackets to keep the bottom piece on and I think some vinyl or something to make it a little more girly! And I need to attach it to the wall (just to be safe)!

She is already LOVING it, and can't wait for her little besty to come play! And big brother loves to organize, he helped her hang all her stuff up! We moved the play kitchen to little brothers room (he plays with it more than the other 2)

I am sure it will get a few more changes as we get used to it. I hope to be posting more as things HOPEFULLY slow down just a little!

10 comments:

  1. I love this! I don't have kids (but hope to in the far, FAR future) and I'm always drawn to things for little ones! I'll have to keep this in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect!! So cute. Following you now from the Thursday hop! We need to do something different for my daughter's stuff. But, I doubt she'd ever get anything back on a hanger.
    Michelle
    http://www.heartfeltbalancehandmadelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did such a great job on this!! I bet she loves it :) Great way to make something so cute for such a small price!

    Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Works perfectly, what a great little piece. Thanks so much to linking up to Beyond The Picket Fence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! How fabulous!!

    Thanks for linking up!

    Ashley
    www.simplydesigning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is adorable!! What a great idea!! Would love to have you come share at Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings. www.ladybug-blessings.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that looks great! What a deal too :) I love it!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at For the Kids Friday Link Party! I will be posting the next party tomorrow night. I hope to have you stop by and join us for another week sharing great ideas for our kids!!

    Thanks for stopping by!
    :)rachel at http://SunScholars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute idea! Love it! I wanted to follow but I could not find your follow button.
    :>( I love to turn the old into something unique and new!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The decorations, cupcake purses and other items IN and ON the shelf are as cute as the shelf! Love it! I am now following you from two savvy sisters blog hop. cant wait to check out more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute idea! Super cute blog! I'm your newest follower from the Thursday hop! The Mommy Blog: http://www.wittyones.blogspot.com. Hope you'll visit us and follow back! :)

    ReplyDelete