-

25 December 2011

Biscuits and Chocolate Gravy!

That's what we had for breakfast Christmas morning!
I was a little scared to try a new recipe on Christmas but I am so glad I did, they turned out great!



The kids had theirs with whip cream and sprinkles 
BUT, I am fond of bacon, so bacon on top for us!
I found a couple different variations of the recipe, all basically the same so I decided to try it until it looked/tasted right. I made a LOT, easily could have made half this I think!

In a bowl I mixed together
1 1/4C sugar
1/2C Coco Powder
1/2C Flour
1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon

I stirred those together well to make sure there was no lumps
you could use a sifter if you needed to, I just used a whisk.
oh and salt, a couple pinches!
Then in my pot I measured 4 c of milk,  I used nonfat but I am sure any will work fine.
I warmed the milk up a little before adding the dry mixture in and whisking like crazy.
I just kept stirring it on med/high heat until it thickened up and there were no lumps.
Once it was done I added about two tablespoons of butter (I didn't measure it, but all of the recipes called for butter) 
And then about 1/2 tsp of vanilla.

It was pretty easy, just took a few minutes and the kids all liked it! Not an everyday breakfast, but fun for a special treat! 


No comments:

Post a Comment