-

02 December 2013

Bacon Potato Soup

This is a frequent meal here, it's easy, fairly inexpensive and everyone will eat it!
I wish I used recipes, that would make things easier to share. I don't, but I took pictures and can give y'all and idea.
 
I usually make this after we make bacon, it's just easier and saves on other ingredients!
I use the same pan hubby made bacon in, I hate making bacon, I keep about a tablespoon of the bacon grease in the pan, on medium heat.
 
Peal and cut about 7 potatoes, we make a bog pot and have lunch leftovers.
I use the apple corer/slice to cut potatoes. I don't care if they are all uniform shape and it gets the job done a little faster.
 
 
 Then I just toss them in the bacon grease and let them fry up for a few minutes.
 

Once that is done, I add the potatoes to a bigger pot with some milk and chicken stock, just enough to barely cover the potatoes. Then I add my spices, Cumin, Paprika, Thyme, Chili Powder and Nutmeg, and 1/2-1 Tablespoon Mustard, not enough to be a loud flavor, it's pretty subtle but good!

 
 
Then I just let it cook on low-medium until the potatoes are cooked all the way through. Some of the smaller potatoes break down a little bit making it a creamier soup.


Once it's done we add some cheese, bacon, sour cream, broccoli (if only the kids would eat it) and any other topping! Good way to clean out the fridge!

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment