-

19 July 2016

Real Life for 6.. Getting rid of the EXCESS!

 July is my month to finish purging, for REALSIES this time. Everything. Not a drawer here and there. Everything! I know once school starts I won't have time to do this job the way it should be done. I want all of August to be fun and open, until it's time to get back into school mode.


My FRESH  approach to purging is super simple and short.


1. I remind myself WHY I am purging, sorting, organizing, whatever you want to call it.
 Having less stuff to deal with gives me more time to do what we want.
 
Pretty sure no one wants to go through their belongings, or spend time dealing with too much stuff, or looking for that 1 thing among all the other things. 
There are so many other things we would rather be doing!

2. The 6 month rule
You know the one! Haven't used it in 6 months, you probably don't need it. *
 
Obviously there are exceptions. Christmas tree stands and inflatable pools aren't year round things. You get to decide if you want to pick up and move that quesadilla maker again in 3-6 months. You know those exceptions for your things.


When I am feeling burned out or hesitating about an item.
 I remind myself that pretty rooms aren't full of junk, and who doesn't want a pretty room?


And when it's all done, I will be back to my 15 minutes a day rule. Just 10-15 minutes a weekday of organization will keep the clutter problem at bay.



*May contain affiliated links* I participate in Amazon Associates Program occasionally. I won't recommend a product I wasn't myself interested in trying or have tried. I may receive monetary compensation for participating. This does not change the price for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment